Yield: 4 portions
4 lbs Leg of goat
1. Cut goats leg at the knee-bone, pierce meat several times, rinse in water and sprinkle on meat tenderizer.
2. Place meat in a bowl, cover loosely and refidgerate several hours.
3. About 2 hours before grilling, place meat in a large pot, add enough water to cover; bring water to a boil and then lower heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
4. Remove meat from water, place back in the bowl and add about 2 cups red wine.
5. Allow meat to soak in wine for 20-30 minutes.
6. Discard water and wine.
7. While meat is in wine, place 1Ú2 cup or so of olive oil in a skillet, add a few annatto seeds, and an ancho pepper (dried) or two, unseeded.
8. Heat oil and stir seeds until oil takes on the color of the annatto seeds, (orange).
9. Keep heat low, allow oil to cool, and brush over meat while grilling.